Thanks to Highwire for unicorn artwork.
In yesterday’s press conference, June 20, where Daniel Andrews announced tightening of lockdown restrictions in Victoria because there were a few new covid-19 cases, he said the following:
“it will never truely be over until we have a vaccine”
See the last few moments of the video below:
Covid-19 restrictions will be re-imposed on Victorians from tomorrow night following a surge in cases.Home gatherings have been wound back, and the Premier has threatened to impose lock downs on specific suburbs. #9News
Posted by 9 News on Saturday, June 20, 2020
So there you have it, that’s the exit plan for the lockdown, a mythical vaccine that does not exist… a Vaccine Unicorn.
Does this mean he is intending to string out lockdowns until a vaccine comes to market? This would be despite the fact they’ve been trying to make a coronavirus vaccine since the 1990s, with dismal failure, and we still have flu deaths despite having flu vaccines.
But it sounds like that’s what is going to happen, because we know that anytime lockdown restrictions are lifted there will be more covid cases.
Now Andrews has made his position clear, there’s action we can take.
We can speak or write to our local MPs, and ask some questions about proposed covid-19 vaccines, such as:
- Will the new vaccine be safety-tested against a placebo? Testing a newly developed drug against an inert placebo is the “gold standard” of drug safety testing – it’s widely acknowledged among scientists that this is essential for adequate safety-testing.
- Will the new vaccine be tested for a period long enough to pick up adverse reactions that take weeks or months to develop? An example reaction is Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), a paralysis condition known to follow the flu shot – in the USA, if flu shot recipients develop GBS within 42 days of the shot they get compensation from the government without having to argue causation. Regular drugs are generally safety-tested for 3 to 5 years.
- Will the new vaccine be tested in many thousands of people? If only a small percentage of the population is predisposed to having a serious adverse reaction to vaccines, will there be enough subjects in vaccine safety trials to pick up adverse events?
- Will the vaccine be tested in people of all ages, and all levels or health? Usually only the healthiest, most robust people participate in vaccine safety trials, however, when vaccines come to market they are given, even mandated, for all people, even if very ill, and it is very difficult to get a medical exemption.
- Bill Gates has said that because of the fact there will be some people seriously damaged by covid-19 vaccines, it is important vaccine manufacturers and governments get indemnity from being sued for coronavirus vaccine damage before the vaccine is used by the public. The US government protected themselves and vaccine makers from liability on February 4 2020, have the Australian and Victorian governments put this indemnity into place?
Watch Bill Gates, between 12 and 13 minutes:
US Federal Register giving liability protection, Feb 4 2020
Hopefully these issues can stimulate some conversation with your MPs – you may be able to make them aware of some truths they are ignorant of, including:
- No vaccine on the childhood immunisation schedule in Australia has been safety tested against a true placebo such as saline.
- Pre-licensing clinical safety trials of routine childhood vaccines have very short follow-up periods, such as 4, 5 or 7 days.
- New vaccines are generally monitored for safety in thousands of subjects, but doctors decide on what constitutes a vaccine adverse reaction, and most doctors believe adverse events are not caused by vaccines, so these events, even death, are often not recorded.
- Decades ago vaccines were not given to anyone who was not well, today doctors insist children and adults alike should have them no matter how sick they are.
- In 1986 an act was passed in the US to prevent most people from suing vaccine companies for vaccine injury, and while this is not law in Australia, there is a flow-on effect here because the vaccine makers have not been made accountable for damage done by their products, so have been able to develop a powerful influence on governments and media around the world. A film about vaccine-related pharma indemnity is due to be released very soon, see 1986: The Act website and Facebook
Wishing you all success with your discussions, whoever they may be with – the VVC team.